Sunday, April 5, 2009

Staying organized.

I have a lot of tips to stay organized. It makes such a huge difference in the day when the house is not full of clutter. The biggest piece of advice I can offer is to downsize. Starting in the kids room I Take a box and fill it full of toys that I don't see them play with often. I put it into the garage first for about a week . If there is nothing in that box they miss I get rid of it. Thrift stores and shelters are a great way to get rid of clothes and toys that you need to get rid of. I use the same rule in the rest of my house. I clean out all the closets and organize drawers about once a month. Its amazing how fast stuff just collects. Another clutter problem in my house is clothes. My daughter changes her clothes 5 or 6 times a day and of course her clothes get worn for a few minutes, then go straight into the laundry hamper for me to have to wash again. I set my kids clothes out for them at the beginning of the day, they get to chose between 2 outfits. That way they are still choosing their wardrobe and it cuts down on laundry.Closets are another issue, my closets always collect clutter. when I decided to tackle a closet I start with clothes. anything I have not worn in 6 months or I know doesn't really fit goes to goodwill. Anythings out of season goes right into storage, if you don't have a anyplace to store items, Rubbermaid makes tubs that will slide right under your bed. Any odds and ends that get piled in my closet I make to piles. One that is stuff I know I use and one pile of stuff I haven't used in 6 or more months. I tend to do this quickly or else I know I ponder it and end up keeping more then I would like to.The pile of stuff I don't want to keep I do not look at it I just get rid of it. You would be surprised how good you feel if you simplify your day and cut down the clutter. I hope you had a great weekend and find my blog helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment