Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weekends - Family time.

Saturdays are great days to do something extra special with the kids. I know by the end of the week my kids are wound up and craving a little extra attention. What activity you decide to do should be based on your child's personality. My kids are all different and getting them to do one specific task at the same time is nearly impossible. So what I do is let each child pick something they want to do. My daughter is a huge fan of peanut butter play dough. My son would rather have me sitting on the floor playing a game with his cars. I quickly learned that plastic cups, tupperware and cardboard boxes make quick and easy launchpads. At the end of the day I like to watch a movie or play a board game with the whole family. That way each of my children is getting some one on one time and getting some all important family time as well. I will post today's recipes at the bottom of the page.


Peanut Butter Play Dough

Ingredients:

  • one 18-oz. jar creamy peanut butter
  • 6 tablespoons honey
  • 3/4 cup non-fat dry milk
Instructions:
  • Mix ingredients together
  • Knead it with fingers, forming into desired shapes
  • Add other foods like M&M's or peanuts for eyes, mouths, etc.

HINT: When not using this homemade play dough recipe, it MUST be stored in an airtight container.




No comments:

Post a Comment